httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "core dump reported almost every time
Date Tue, 28 May 1996 16:29:42 GMT
> I don't think so.  In fact I don't think it's the malloc that's broke.  I
> think it's
> our small log-memory leak that causing the problem.  malloc is probebly
> now more sensative.

Hmm, anyone running Apache on a FreeBSD-current system (mine's boxed up
at the moment). It has a new malloc that uncovered lots of memory problems
in BSD apps, if Apache has a leak or otherwise abuses malloc in some
way it might catch it.

I doubt that a memory leak would cause Apache to crash in the manner
you're seeing though, if we had that serious a problem it would have
appeared with other malloc implementations, I'd still bet on it being a
Linux libc problem.

  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155

View raw message