httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "core dump reported almost every time
Date Tue, 28 May 1996 16:24:46 GMT
> Linux doesn't really dump core.. unless you force it to.. and most of the
> people who have used the new libc have had alot of problems so by the
> time I hear about it they have already downgraded.

Can I use that in my FreeBSD publicity blurb :-) We usually recommend users
upgrade our OS :-)

If you've narrowed the problem down to a particular revision of libc then
it's pretty likely a bug in libc and I'd get H.J to look into it. If
downgrading makes it go away it's pretty clear that's what's happened. Are
the libc changes under source control of some kind, if so you should be
able to remove the incremental changes until you find the problem just like
we did recently in Apache.

  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155

View raw message