httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy changes
Date Mon, 27 May 1996 21:14:08 GMT
Robert S. Thau liltingly intones:

>   ... it strips trailing slashes from
>   URIs, which is rather bad, because it means that if a client requests
>   the URL without the slash, and they get the slashed version, not the
>   redirect, all the relative links become useless.
>
> Hmmm... if this is correct, we'd probably need to get it to *not* do
> this even when canonicalizing solely for purposes of internal hit checks;
> otherwise, if the proxy had the slashed version cached, and the non-slashed
> URI showed up in a request, the proxy could wind up hallucinating a hit.
> Are we up to item 15 yet?

On the list...and it's #15! I'm also following the HTTP 1.1 discussion
here, and consulting the draft standard when in doubt. Like Ben, I
doubt I can handle the traffic from HTTP-WG, but we'll see.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Playing an unamplified electric guitar is like strumming on a picnic
table.
		-- Dave Barry, "The Snake"