httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: SOCKSifying
Date Mon, 27 May 1996 20:15:02 GMT
Brian Behlendorf liltingly intones:

> On Mon, 27 May 1996, Chuck Murcko wrote:
> > There are AUX_CFLAGS changes from both the patches I mention above.
>
> Okay, I'll keep an eye on that.  Hopefully we can get one or two more yes
> votes and can committ configuration.tmpl before too much else is different.
>
> > Also, is it reasonable to put (commented out) CFLAGS and EXTRA_LIBS
> > as suggestions for SOCKSifying Apache?
>
> Not sure what you mean - is there some magic incantation of CFLAGS and
> EXTRA_LIBS which can enable apache to work with a SOCKS firewall?

Yes. If you've built and installed SOCKS 4.x, anyway, you can say

CFLAGS= -O2 -DSTATUS -Wall -Dconnect=Rconnect -Dselect=Rselect \
	-Dgethostbyname=Rgethostbyname

EXTRA_LIBS= -L/usr/local/lib -lsocks

and change the -L directory to wherever you've put the libsocks.a.

That's what I'm using here to get out through a SOCKS firewall to test the
proxy module.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Pure drivel tends to drive ordinary drivel off the TV screen.