httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Apache manual
Date Thu, 23 May 1996 12:55:25 GMT

> On Thu, 23 May 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
> > Is everyone (David and Laura in particular) happy that I update the
> > LaTeX manual?. I don't want to tred on toes or duplicate effort.
>
> You can update the LaTeX if you like; however, be aware that the LaTeX was
> actually machine generated from the HTML. If you'd rather write it in HTML,
> then you'll need

Hmmm. When I offered to update the manual I hadn't looked at it. Then
I noticed the makefile this morning and worked out the procedure.

For long term support of the manual, I think we'll need to install the
software you mentioned on hyperreal so that it is easier to stay in
sync with the original documentation written in HTML.

>  nsgml - the freely available SGML parser,
>  html2latex - my program for converting SGML to latex
> plus a little bit of SGML data, and instructions on the SGML processing
> directives that I implemented. I think I described the latter in a message
> to this list several months ago; as I recall, Andrew picked up on it.
>
> I could probably dig out html2latex if you'd like.

yes please. Let's see if we can install all of this on hyperreal.
I've created /export/pub/httpd/manual which is group writeable, can
you drop off whatever you have in there and let me know what I need
to install etc.

thanks.
rob