httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: 1.1b3
Date Thu, 23 May 1996 03:36:32 GMT
Brian Behlendorf liltingly intones:

> On Wed, 22 May 1996, Chuck Murcko wrote:
> > Randy Terbush liltingly intones:

> > > I guess one issue that would be nice to get into the "final beta"
> > > would be the rprintf() stuff. My apologies to Ben; I have not
> > > had the time to give it a go.

I dug up & tried Ben's stuff tonight, but I think he used a SCO-only
include file (macro.h) so it needs a touch or two yet. It looks like
Jim's changes work fine (to the status module & instrumentation) so
rprintf() will have to fold in against a later snapshot, anyway.

> > > In answer to your question...would we like to come up with
> > > a list of things like 'rprintf()' to get in before this freeze?
> > > I honestly can't think of anything else at the moment.
> > >
> > A few more:
> >
> > SO_LINGER option set for mutant SVR4s

I'll dig up the user patch, along with Ben's observations about it, and see
if I can make a workable addition of it. We don't need the -DUW2 flag in
Configuration for anything now, so that should go away, too.

> > mod_imap corrected to use global config options and do proper URL returns,
> > so those other browsers (MSIE, Mosaic, etc.) work.
>
> I'll try and attack this tomorrow.  This can't be rocket science, I
> thought I solved it right before leaving for Paris but that was bunk.
>
> > mod_proxy fixups
>
> I'm of the opinion that, in lieu of something with more testing behind
> it, this at least be moved to the bottom of Configure.

David's code looks basically workable. I'd like to give this a shot for
1.1 or early 1.2, if there are no objections. Alexei had a simpler proxy
module he wanted to drop in, though.

> > rewrite of the manual for 1.1
>
> The 1.1 release doesn't have to wait for this if the web site is up to
> date.

If the web site is OK, we should generate the distribution manual from that.
No sense rewriting the wheel docs. 8^)

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
		-- Maslow