httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: server
Date Wed, 22 May 1996 15:13:10 GMT

> On Wed, 22 May 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
> > >hi
> > >i would like to download a copy of your server to try it out before i =
> > >purchase it but i can only use pkunzip or arj format could you help me??
> >
> > It's free, it's also for *UNIX*, which will have the unpacking
> > programs "uncompress" and "gunzip".
> >
> > Have a look at http://xxx.lanl.gov/help/utilities
> > for utilities to unapck .Z / .gz files for various
> > platforms.
>
> Hmm, if he only has access to pkunzip or arj then it's likely that
> they're not on Unix...

that's why unix is written *UNIX*

> BTW, Rob, is there a better way to handle bug report mail than having to
> include new-httpd in on it?

The stuff that comes through here is either unanswered (the majority),
for your entertainment (like this one), or something I believe might be
of interest to the list. The rest of the crap in the bugs mail you
don't get to see. Which bits don't you want me to forward?

rob