httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk>
Subject Configuration weirdness...
Date Wed, 22 May 1996 15:50:04 GMT
This is strange.  Edited Configuration to add a -DSTATUS and typed ./Configure; make.  Make
complained:

  56> make
  Configuration older than Configuration.tmpl, or doesn't exist.
  Consider copying Configuration.tmpl to Configuration, editing and rerunning
  Configure.
  If not, you will at least have to touch Configuration.

  *** Error code 1

  Stop.

Mmm, sez I, wonder what the time stamps are:

  57> !l
  ls -l Configuration*
  -rw-r--r--  1 andrew  andrew  7887 May 22 16:43 Configuration
  -rw-r--r--  1 andrew  andrew  7848 May 23 22:51 Configuration.orig
  -rw-r--r--  1 andrew  andrew  7848 May 23 22:51 Configuration.tmpl

Mmm, sez I, did I blink and miss a whole day?!  What day is it anyhow:

  59> date
  Wed May 22 16:44:16 BST 1996

So, right, 'touch Configuration' doesn't really help!

Question is why does the Configuration.tmpl file have a timestamp ahead of
what it should be.  Is CVS being stupid?  Am I being stupid?

Anyone else seeing this strangeness (mebbies it's only a FreeBSD thing?)

Ay.