httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: SNMP?
Date Wed, 22 May 1996 12:45:12 GMT
> rasmus@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca wrote:
> >
> > > Ahem. Another off-topic question... does anyone know of any nice SNMP stuff
> > > to do some simple monitoring (or even some complicated monitoring ;-).
> >
> > I assume you are thinking about adding an SNMP monitoring feature to
> > Apache?  If so, you should probably have a look at this site:
> >
> >      http://http-mib.onramp.net/
>
> Actually I wasn't - but now that you mention it, that's a damn fine idea!
>
> What I was actually after was some stuff to monitor all my routers/servers etc.

Have a look at 'tkined'.

You'll find a link to it an many other tools at:

http://smurfland.cit.buffalo.edu/NetMan/index.html

On this same topic (Perhaps RST knows) I caught a show on PBS
last week that spent quite a bit of time with Jeff Schiller(sp?)
at MIT. He was demonstrating a network monitorying tool that
displayed a globe of routes, and could display high traffic
(high collision?) areas using disk shapes that would grow and
shrink based on that interconnects traffic. Anyone know what
software that was?