httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Skolnick <cl...@organic.com>
Subject (fwd) Re: Apache vs Netscape Commerce Server
Date Tue, 21 May 1996 23:55:33 GMT

From: support@cheetah.net (Shawn Saunders)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.bsdi.misc
Subject: Re: Apache vs Netscape Commerce Server
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 17:17:00 GMT

On 17 May 1996 13:46:59 GMT, ganesh <ganesh@gcol.com> wrote:

>Has anyone used the Netscape commerce server with BSDI?  We're
>currently using the Apache server included with BSDI 2.1 and wish
>to use a secure server.
>
>One option is to get the Apache SSL upgrade and recompile, or to go
>with Netscape Commerce server.  What are the trade offs involved?

We just migrated from the Apache Server that came with BSDI2.1.  With
Apache our average load with only 4 minimum and 32 Max hosts running
was .70.  While with Netscape and several virtual servers and 16 Min -
32 Max each, our average load is .09

Seems to be running much faster, as-well-as the configuation and
changes via the administrator is quicker and easier.

Just MHO.

Shawn
saunders@cheetah.net

Cliff Skolnick                                      cliff@organic.com

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759