httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "the check auth function for a module is called multiple times per access" on BSDI (fwd)
Date Tue, 21 May 1996 13:29:41 GMT

This *is* a rather odd situation shaping up. My 2cents...

I supported the inclusion of Dirk's module quite awhile back
because it (at that time) could do group based authentication
as well. Dirk's modules _is_ currently the auth_msql module
that is part of the standard distribution. As long as he is
actively maintaining it, I see no reason to consider inclusion
of another.

Since there are several other authentication modules that are
not in the standard distribution, I wonder if not including
any is an option?  This would not be a reflection on either
Vivek or Dirk, but a political move to _not_ extend MFP
(Most Favored Programmer) to anyone and level this playing
field.

Nothing like a good programming competition to spur feature
additions. Ok guys, which one of you can be the first to
combine all auth modules into one?  :-)