httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Runaway processes when accessing directory listings" on BSDI
Date Tue, 21 May 1996 04:05:38 GMT

Thanks for the report. I think we've already fixed this for the
upcoming version 1.1
Hopefully we'll have that released sometime soon.

cheers,
rob

>Submitter: pete@neis.net
>Operating system: BSDI, version: 2.01
>Version of Apache Used: 1.0.5
>Extra Modules used: none
>URL exhibiting problem:
>
>Symptoms:
>--
>When folks accessed our server looking for a  directory without "index.html", we would
get runaway httpd's that were sucking down CPU.  In debugging, we noticed that there was an
incorrectly allocated array which seg-faulted under gdb (compiled -g, no O2).  Upon fixing,
the runaways seemed to go away...