httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: A vote for FreeBSD+Apache
Date Fri, 17 May 1996 15:40:01 GMT

> Some (much) credit should be given to the FreeBSD crew whom have
> created an incredibly simple installation program, including installation
> of network services such as Apache.
>
> When will NT go away?

When clowns like Adobe compile their sodtware on a wider variety of
unix systems. We'd love to throw out our NT and install a real OS
on the machine, but we're stuck wasting vast amount of time trying to
get trivial things to work under NT.

Today I've wasted all my day first trying to get Netscape server and
now GNN server running under NT. Anyone know how to allow a POST to
a cgi under GNN?. Free?... pah these NT www servers might be free to
download but the interface to them is so bad that you're forced to buy
support to be guided through the maze of forms just to achieve the simplest
of tasks.

rob
--
The rumor is that Jack Kevorkian has setup a Windows-NT users group.