httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: The business case for apache
Date Thu, 16 May 1996 16:00:29 GMT
Hmmm... depending on site security policy, source code access may well
count for something (I have talked to people for whom this is an explicit
issue, and who, by site policy, cannot use commercial packages for which
the provider is unwilling to provide a source license).  It might also
help to mention that we've had only two security advisories thus far, one
of which did not in fact concern the server itself, and the other of which
appears, on more detailed examination, to have been a false alarm which did
not, in fact, allow any exploits.

rst