httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.org>
Subject Re: Ad on the www.apache.site? (fwd)
Date Mon, 13 May 1996 20:43:13 GMT
> Well, for a targetted audience such as Apache has 5c is a reasonable
> price. Rememeber that we attract the people who often have the money
> to buy servers and server software.. there's no better place on the
> net to target these folks.

	This is true.

> For the low access rate www.apache.org/ gets and the low incomes it'd
> generate ( @5c per ad ), I can't see advertising working for us.
> Far better would be a sponsors page which lists companies (such as Organic)
> that are subsidising the project. A $500-$1000 donation per year donation
> would get your company's name on that list. This money could be used for

	I like this idea. I am often pestering brian with my latest
hairbrained idea for better supporting hyperreal so I can contribute
back something concrete to the project. If I just put in a certain $
amount then I could stop my pestering.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3
http://www.c2.net/ (or login as "guest")		sameer@c2.net