httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Ad on the www.apache.site? (fwd)
Date Mon, 13 May 1996 20:31:39 GMT
> At 02:51 PM 5/13/96 -0400, you wrote:
> >> not acked...
> >>
> >> decission time.
> >
> >Not that I think I have any say in this, but unless money is urgently
> >needed for upkeep of the www.apache.org machine itself, I don't like the
> >idea.  A project dedicated to the development of freely available software
> >promoting commercial ventures doesn't seem right.
>
> I agree and disagree.... we can use the money to register the apache
> group as a non-for-profir organization, and trademark our logos.

Like we don't have enough money to do this already?  Are you nuts?
;)

Since money clearly isn't the issue we're back to what the Apache
name stands for.  If you want to earn a couple of hundred dollars
a week (roughly equivalent to my food and drink spend each week)
then this seems to be selling a top 10 internet brand name woefully
short.

> <Aram>

Incorporate, trademark and *then* decide what to do, and then only
for the right reasons.

Bare in mind that the UK gets mail 5 hours after you guys do.

Ay.