httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sam...@c2.org
Subject Re: Ad on the www.apache.site? (fwd)
Date Mon, 13 May 1996 20:08:54 GMT

> It's up to us on which side we're going to walk isn't it?  And we really
> don't have to put more than 1 ad on the first page... if someone else
> wants to give up less to be on the server doc page, then fine.... or
> have a rotating billboard on the first page.      This is a little off the
> deep end... but they're all possibilities.   And remember we do have
> final say on which ones we will and will not accept to run.

	Issues:

1) We need to make clear that it is paid advertising and not an
endorsement.

2) We should charge market or higher-than-market rates for the
advertising. This guy offered $100/week. I don't know how many views
the home page gets every day, but I think we should charge 5 cents per
view (which is slightly higher-than-market).

	(All of this assumes that we want to go ahead with
advertising, which is still an open question)

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3
http://www.c2.net/ (or login as "guest")		sameer@c2.net