httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: Ad on the www.apache.site? (fwd)
Date Mon, 13 May 1996 19:35:59 GMT
At 02:07 PM 5/13/96 -0500, you wrote:
>> Not that I think I have any say in this, but unless money is urgently
>> needed for upkeep of the www.apache.org machine itself, I don't like the
>> idea.  A project dedicated to the development of freely available software
>> promoting commercial ventures doesn't seem right.
>>
>> -Rasmus
>
>I tend to agree with your sentiment, however there is a fine line
>between putting some other large hardware manufacturers "powered by"
>logo on the top page, and a banner such that TB suggests.

It's up to us on which side we're going to walk isn't it?  And we really
don't have to put more than 1 ad on the first page... if someone else
wants to give up less to be on the server doc page, then fine.... or
have a rotating billboard on the first page.      This is a little off the
deep end... but they're all possibilities.   And remember we do have
final say on which ones we will and will not accept to run.