httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Ad on the www.apache.site? (fwd)
Date Mon, 13 May 1996 18:27:10 GMT

not acked...

decission time.

From: Thomas Boutell <boutell@boutell.com>
Subject: Ad on the www.apache.site?
To: apache-bugs@mail.apache.org
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 11:25:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I realize that the Apache team may feel that this is
a horrifying suggestion worthy of severe damage to
my bicycle tires, but hey, I'm asking nicely:

Would it be possible to buy space for an ad banner
on the www.apache.org site?

I'd like to promote my Wusage 4.1 server statistics
product, which is compatible with Apache and available
on a long list of platforms. I'm guessing, though
I of course have no way of knowing, that the apache
team would probably appreciate the resulting funds.

For an example of the banner I'd like to buy
space for, see:

http://www.boutell.com/

Where you can also find the product itself
(by clicking on that banner).

Just to throw a number out there, I'd certainly
pay $100/week for the privilege. (That's what
I charge for ad space on one of my popular pages.)
I might pay more. If you're open to this, let me
know your rate.

We use Apache and we like it, so it makes sense
for us to support the further development of the
server in this way.

-T
----- End of forwarded message from Thomas Boutell -----

--