httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <>
Subject Re: FastCGI + Linux + Apache 1.1?
Date Mon, 13 May 1996 01:56:18 GMT
> > You're really bad with version numbers aren't you?  :)
> Are you referring to me calling my Linux 1.99.1?  That's the current
> release.  It is the first pre 2.0 release.  From my
> /usr/src/linux/include/linux/version.h:
>     #define UTS_RELEASE "1.99.1"

Ahh... you're right... I'm behind in the technology. :)

> Add something like this to you srm.conf:
>   AddType application/x-httpd-fcgi .fcgi
>   AppClass /www/html/tiny-fcgi.fcgi -processes 2
> Copy the tiny-fcgi binary from the examples dir of the distribution to
> /www/html/tiny-fcgi.fcgi (or whereever you want to put it).  Then restart
> your server.  Before accessing /tiny-fcgi.fcgi, do a "chown nobody /tmp/OM*"
> and then try.  This should make it work for you.

That did it... I was missing the chown step.  Never thought about it.
I also have a strage problem with the .fcgi, it doesn't always increase the
count number.

> > Also, did you ever get a chance to test apache under libc 5.3?  I'm still
> > getting reports with core dumping and libc 5.3.
> Yes, I am running libc 5.3.12 without any problems.  But then again, there
> is no load on this server.  Just one of my hacking boxes.  My real server
> runs Solaris 2.5.

:) I'm backwards... my hacking box is a SunSparc2 running Solaris.  My servers
are all linux machines.

Aram Mirzadeh
MIS Manager				      Apache httpd team member
Qosina Corporation

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
                -- Dean Martin

View raw message