httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: sigaction tryout patches
Date Fri, 10 May 1996 04:04:45 GMT
Rob Hartill liltingly intones:

> > OK, I have no idea whether this will help or not, but here's a patch to use
> > sigaction() instead of signal(). It seems to work for me but does it cure the
> > non-dying children problem? I don't know!
>
> It compiles on HPUX and responds correctly to -1,-15
>
> I can now start a new server immediately after doing a kill -15 which
> is a promising sign.

Same here on BSDI and IRIX, so far. I won't have a chance to really beat
on it until late tonight, though. I'll try an old UnixWare build then too.

Update:
UnixWare is running fine, and works great with this patch. I'll package a
test source set for some UnixWare 2.x people to try. I'll preconfigure it
and leave it version alone. I figure to get reports from two test sites.

IRIX and BSDI have held up to everything I can do to break them wrt this
change.

That leaves, what, everything else? Solaris, SunOS, Linux, FreeBSD, etc. etc.

Should this work on UnixWare 2.x, we can also get rid of the -DUW2 line in
Configuration, unless we still need it for a socket options patch.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
All things are possible, except skiing thru a revolving door.