httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: cvs version number ++
Date Thu, 09 May 1996 20:54:12 GMT
Rob Hartill liltingly intones:

> > > The current CVS snapshots should probably not announce themselves
> > > as 1.1b2 any more.
> > >

> > That's an interesting way of phrasing it. 8^)
>
> yup, avoiding suggesting a replacement number for fear of starting
> up a debate. I don't care what it's called as long as it has a higher
> number or something appended to the end.
>
> 1.1b2something-appended    maybe?   :-)

Yeah, like Istanbul, or Mojo, or something keen like the Big Guys do. 8^)

Or, seriously, a build number that increments after each new CVS
checkin, and resets when the version number gets incremented.
That would also let us track what happened a little better, when
we're fishing for "What broke this" kinda stuff.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Next to being shot at and missed, nothing is really quite as satisfying
as an income tax refund.
		-- F. J. Raymond