httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: possible bug
Date Wed, 08 May 1996 22:39:16 GMT
Rob Hartill wrote:

> We switched from 1.1b0a to 1.1b2 + background-CGI-bug-fix on
> xxx.lanl.gov today.
>
> The server got stuck a few minutes ago with MaxSpareServers (8) being
> busy and refused to spawn new children up to MaxClients (30).
>
> Using the same binary on a test machine I watched with mod_status
> as I opened 8+ connecitons..
> does this look right?  ......
>
> http://xxx.lanl.gov/status.html
>
> The lack of a #12 is worrying.

Something is definately wrong there... For example, when I do the
above, the requests from _my_ host don't appear at all. Instead, it
appears that the Write is from your host (maybe the status.html script
does that, which would explain that aspect), but the lack of #12 is
troubling... :/

It seems that #12 is constantly waiting for a connection, but that the
scoreboard slot isn't updated with any transfers and so 'status' never
bothers to print out the information for that slot. IN other words, #12
is never being used.