httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Sanders <>
Subject Re: 1.1b3
Date Wed, 08 May 1996 16:35:47 GMT
Paul Richards writes:
> What's the point of rolling another beta release when you know there
> are still things wrong with it? If there were a lot of people trying them
> (which I don't think there are, it's just us mainly) then all that would
> result is a load of further bug reports stating that bug X still exists.

Because it allows people like to me, without access to the CVS tree
or time to set it up, to do testing on the current code.  Bug fixes
have been known to introduce new problems.

You can help avoid duplicate bug reports by 1) putting a list of known
bugs in the release and 2) only making it available to people on
this mailing list.

View raw message