httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Forwarded mail...
Date Wed, 08 May 1996 15:39:54 GMT

not acked.

Sender: jug@wsjug.sad.it
Date: Wed, 08 May 1996 16:16:33
From: Juergen Vigna <jug@sad.it>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org

Hi,

I got the beta version of your apache-httpd server 1.1b2 and as in
the doumentation was written to write you a mail if there is somewath
wrong I do this now.

- in http_main.c there is 2 times need of a temporary directory.
  The string is fixed on /usr/tmp, as on my Linux System there is
  no such directory but only or /tmp or /var/tmp I fixed this to
  /tmp. I may be better to specify a FLAG which specify this directory
  in the Configuration file.

- I tried also the proxy module (as it was the real purpose i got the
  beta release) and there are some things I noted. The first is that
  if the directory for temporary and proxy save (rootdir/proxy) is not
  writeable to all there is no change to write on it (not so with the
  log directory).

  Then I tried also the proxy-ftp function but it does not work, but
  maybe you are working on it. In the ftp_handler are some bugs as:
  the 'server' structure is not initialized (as in the http_handler)
  and there is some problem with the path (there should not be a RECV
  command if 'path == ""'.

That's all right now. Let me say that you did already a good job, but
I think you know that as in the last net-statistic you are #1 as http-server.

Bye Juergen.

Dr. Juergen Vigna
Gerbergasse 60
I-39100 Bozen