httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: multiple Set-Cookies (was Re: require-client functionality)
Date Tue, 07 May 1996 14:46:43 GMT

> I've looked at this a little at my site.  It is indeed due to the merging of
> headers.  According to the HTTP/1.1 spec which discusses cookies multiple
> Set-Cookie headers are allowed but that the headers may be merged into a
> single line by some intermediary.  However Netscape 2.0x does not appear to
> accept merged Set-Cookies.

before we hack the world's most popular server to work around a bug
in Netscape's cookie spec/implementation, what affect would the proposed
patch have on the official cookie spec that's currently doing the rounds?
(I think it says comma should be used to separate cookies)

> What the CGI developers here who noticed the problem have done is place the
> Set-Cookie in META-EQUIV tags in their HTML as a stopgap measure.

the other alternative is to package all the cookies into one Set-Cookie
header... do you need 3 cookie headers or can you manage with 1 header
containing 3 pieces of information?