httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: require-client functionality
Date Tue, 07 May 1996 14:26:00 GMT

> > I'm not convinced that netscape will let you have 2 cookies on one
> > line anyway, regardless of how they are separated. If so, this might
> > just be unsolvable from the server-side.
> >
> That would break according the cookie definition. I was referring to
> multiple valid cookies in the same document, which works in the Netsite
> server. I'm trying to get concrete examples from someone else here now.

hmm. what are we talking about here?

a request that contains multiple cookies or a response that sets
multiple Set-Cookie headers?

According to luser feedback, the later under Apache causes trouble, because
netscape can't parse the response correctly.

Scripts can parse requests with multiple cookies, so I don't see
a problem in that direction.

?