httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: require-client functionality
Date Tue, 07 May 1996 20:16:24 GMT
Rob Hartill liltingly intones:

> > > Nonshowstopper bugs:
> > >
> > > 6) Multiple cookies sent *to* clients by CGI scripts do not appear to work.
> > >    I will look further into this.
> >
> > Is this a consequence of merging the headers (a vague bell is ringing here)?
>
> Yes I think so. Someone pointed out that Netscape doesn't like it when
> Apache merges cookie headers.
>
> Looking at
>    http://www.netscape.com/newsref/std/cookie_spec.html
>
> I'm not convinced that netscape will let you have 2 cookies on one
> line anyway, regardless of how they are separated. If so, this might
> just be unsolvable from the server-side.

That would break according the cookie definition. I was referring to
multiple valid cookies in the same document, which works in the Netsite
server. I'm trying to get concrete examples from someone else here now.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Justice always prevails ... three times out of seven!
		-- Michael J. Wagner