httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: mod_status
Date Sun, 05 May 1996 19:59:38 GMT
Aram Mirzadeh wrote:

> I have a strage one... for mod_status.
>
> Can we have it 'with a &kill=dead option have it restart and/or kill
> the particular server that is 'Dead'?

I'm not sure what you mean... The slot which is "Dead" refers to no child
process at all. When a child process dies, for whatever reason, the score-
board slot that held that child's information get's updated to indicate
that no process is any longer attached to that slot. You can't kill that
server, since it's already dead; and you can't restart that server
since that's governed/controlled by the master process.