httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: one more 1.1b2 bug
Date Sat, 04 May 1996 13:42:37 GMT
Chuck Murcko liltingly intones:

> On virtual hosts, using 1.1b2, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Spry Mosaic
> fail to work on imagemap URLs of the form
>
> /thissite/somestuff/whee.html
> ../thissite/somestuff/whee.html
>
> They only work with imagemap URLs of the form
>
> http://myname.thisdom.com/thissite/somestuff/whee.html
>
> Interesting. Dunno about other browsers. Those two for sure.

Netscape works fine, BTW. I'll try to narrow down what's actually causing
the problem, but I've also noticed that virtual hosts now have to be
truly virtual in order to work (i.e., not just a CNAME for the real
host, or only that one works). Perhaps it's related to that change.
These effects are seen on IRIX 5.3. I'll check on a couple of other OSs.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
A closed mouth gathers no foot.