httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Apache Book (fwd)
Date Sat, 04 May 1996 01:18:55 GMT

> Considering Brian's book, I'll leave this un-acked for the
> moment.
>
> In theory there should be some pocket money in this for someone
> on this list to act as technical advisor.

It is, for me, an enduring paradox, that someone who has no prior
connection with AG can be assigned to write an authoratative work
on the system it has designed.

Ay 	(who has neither the time, nor inclination at present, to
	make any difference to the situation)

> -=-=-
>

> Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 16:19:31 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Alberto Ricart <alberto@hydrogen.smartsoft.com>
> To: apache-bugs@mail.apache.org
> Cc: Alberto Ricart <alberto@hydrogen.smartsoft.com>
> Subject: Apache Book
>
> Hi,
>
> I have been retained to write a book about Apache. And would like to
> expand the sparse documentation to about 800 pages. This would be a
> great opportunity to expand awareness on Apache.
>
> I would like to have a contact within your group that could serve as
> a technical contact for information verification purposes, (specially
> for the features that are to be introduced on the new 1.1 version of the
> software) - And to describe other things that may not be documented on
> the software at all.

So we tell you what to write and, you...