httpd-dev mailing list archives

From gord...@cygnus.com (Gordon Irlam)
Subject Re: Apache on CD
Date Fri, 03 May 1996 21:18:44 GMT
Subject: Re: Apache on CD

Not right now, since we are still in learning mode, but in a few
months time Cygnus could possibly create the content for the proposed
Apache CD, and have Walnut Creek, SSC, or some other vendor actually
produce the CD if you like.

We are creating our own CD that includes Apache, but we aren't set up
to do high volume production and to manage of the necessary sales
channels for the proposed Apache CD.  One strategy might be for us to
create the content (creating stable tested releases that run on a lot
of platforms is something we are good at), and then have someone else
print and market a final CD.

This probably wouldn't be able to happen until a month or two after we
have released our own product, so if someone wants to try and make
things happen before then, feel free.

                                           regards,
                                                    gordoni
                                                    Cygnus Support