httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Yay or Nay to mod_info?
Date Fri, 03 May 1996 18:31:01 GMT
rasmus@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca liltingly intones:

> > It's small, and it's useful. Maybe not right after a build, but three
> > months later when someone says "Can that server do blahblahblah?", and the
> > build tree has changed beyond recognition. Not that any of us do that. 8^)
> > +1
>
> Ok, next question then.  What is the current timeline?  I can extend
> mod_info to actually print the current configuration for both the server
> and each module without too much trouble.  I built something like this
> into my PHP/FI package right from the beginning and it has been invaluable
> as a remote debugging tool.  If we are less than a week away from a final
> 1.1 build, I'll aim this full mod_info for 1.2.  If there is a 1.1b3 still
> to come and another round of testing, then I'll aim it for that.

Well, that's still only one opinion, Rasmus. We'll see what the others
think. I'm wondering the same about mod_status.c, although the reformatted
output without the http_main.c changes could go into 1.1.

I'm not sure what the timeline is, either. There are some bug fixes that
have to get checked in, and at least your module to consider. We'll see.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Bell Labs Unix -- Reach out and grep someone.