httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: background CGI bug
Date Thu, 02 May 1996 22:52:14 GMT

> 3. In regard to people not testing... well, those patches were all
>    sitting in httpd/incoming/patches for a while... I built two
>    pre-CVS releases containing the patches. I made sure that everyone
>    agreed that they should be included. So it may in fact have nothing
>    to do with CVS. Same thing would have happened with patch-and-vote
>    because, in fact, these patches *were* voted upon.

Can you please point me at these patches. I'll step through them
to try to find the poblem tomorrow. I can't reach hyperreal right now
to nose around.

Regardless of how the bug got in or who voted for the patches, a fix
is needed before 1.1 goes out the door. That fact the patch files
are lying around somewhere (I hope) to be reversed for bug tracing
purposes is a good advertisment for keeping them archived in an easy
to browse format.

rob