httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "HostnameLookups off and access control" on HPUX (fwd)
Date Fri, 03 May 1996 01:59:06 GMT

> He's right, it should be documented.... though I don't see a separate
> documentation entry yet for HostnameLookups.  I know that in my book I
> said -DMINIMAL_DNS (this is 1.0.3 remember) causes your hostname-based
> access controls to not work.
>
> He should also be reminded that HostnameLookups can be set per directory,
> so he could simply say "HostnameLookups On" for that directory.  Yes?

I just tried it... didn't work.  I'll see if I can track it down.

<Aram>
--

  What is comedy?  Comedy is the art of making people laugh without making
  them puke.

Aram Mirzadeh				     Apache httpd team member
awm@qosina.com				     awm@apache.org
http://www.qosina.com/~awm/		     http://www.apache.org