httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: mod_status again
Date Thu, 02 May 1996 21:43:05 GMT
Chuck Murcko wrote:

> It looks like the current slot total is cleared when a child dies, and starts
> incrementing again when the slot is reused. I actually had added 2 more longs
> to the scoreboard in earlier testing, but as I wrote earlier, I am used to
> running with MaxRequestsPerChild at 0, so my child and slot totals are always
> the same, which is also not so informative. Reverting to the original
> http_main.c restores the original behavior.

Nope... the my_* slots refer only to the current process and they are
the ones that gets cleared when the child dies. The current _slot_
total doesn't get mussed with, since it provides the very valuable
server-total information.

If you think having a per-connection counter is valuable, then it's
easy to add.