httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: mod_status again
Date Thu, 02 May 1996 21:40:11 GMT
Chuck Murcko wrote:
> You can do this by reverting to the original http_main.c or reversing
> that part of the patch. The scoreboard slot total *is* the total for the
> child, though, since that count is cleared when a server dies.

No it's not. It's the total _for that slot_, which could have been used
by many children processes. For example, one child could be given slot #5,
the child then dies and then, after awhile, a new child gets slot #5
as well. The "slot total" will remain the same, but we have no idea of
how the current child has been used.

That's another reason why I prefer the "original" way that increment_counts
worked.

Once again, if there's some good idea/need/desire for a "per connection"
counter, I'd be happy to fold that in. It's simple. It would involve,
however, even more data being displayed on the status screen.

Sound OK?