httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "apache 1.1b2 includes an alternate mod_auth_msql.c" on BSDI (fwd)
Date Thu, 02 May 1996 18:52:49 GMT

not acked

From: khera@kcilink.com
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Thu May  2 11:03:53 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "apache 1.1b2 includes an alternate mod_auth_msql.c" on BSDI

Submitter: khera@kcilink.com
Operating system: BSDI, version:
Version of Apache Used:
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
Not a bug per se, but a comment.  My mod_auth_msql.c
module has been on the Apache contrib directory since it was
created (in fact, the instructions on the contrib modules
page were written on how to install it by me).  The mod_auth_msql.c
in the apache 1.1b2 sources is incompatible with my version,
but looks very similar.  I know for a fact that lots of people
are using my version, and by including a different version with
the same name, you are inviting *tons* of confusion.  I highly
recommend using my version, or if that's not possible, to rename
the one you are including as standard.

Also, my version properly closes the mSQL socket on errors
whereas the currently distributed version does not.

I keep the latest source to my mod_auth_msql.c in my public
ftp area, ftp.kcilink.com/pub/mod_auth_msql.c.gz.  If you need
me to sign some papers, I'll be glad to do it.

I authenticate over 50,000 times per day using my module,
so I'm fairly confident it works ;-)
--

Backtrace:

----- End of forwarded message from khera@kcilink.com -----