httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: mod_status again
Date Thu, 02 May 1996 06:50:40 GMT
Brian Behlendorf liltingly intones:

> On Wed, 1 May 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
> > Wish list item:
> >
> >   a report of the time spent sending the response to the last request.
> > It'd be nice to know that a 10k gif takes a user from Australia 40s
> > to download etc.
>
> In my revised status output proposal, the timing info was changed from
> "date/time GMT of initiation of most recent request" to "seconds since
> initiation of most recent request".  I think this is more interesting at
> a glance, even though it's the same info.
>
> What you might also want, however, is another variable for
> configurable logging, like %E for elapsed time or something.  I'd like at
> least 1/10th precision on that. :)

I've uploaded tablestats.tar.gz to /incoming. It contains new mod_status.c
and httpd_main.c (so the incremental request and byte counts work for
the scoreboard). It's too late for me to do reliable diffs, and I
don't have CVS working here at home yet. Use with 1.1b2.

The formatting has a couple of warts, and the form data set parsing is
in need of fixing, but I'm too tired and I'd appreciate comments on
what it is so far.

G'nite.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note: