httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gisle Aas <>
Subject Re: mod_perl testing
Date Thu, 02 May 1996 06:17:31 GMT
In message <>, Doug MacEachern writes:
> It's not quite there yet, but enough is there for testing.

Good to hear that you have progress.

> o Currently, we keep the 'Authorization' header from the script.
>   opinions?

I know several applications that could do something useful with this
header.  Can't we make this an option in the configuartion files of
Apache, (and make the same option pass the Authorization header to CGI
scripts as well.)

> o Should we have an file?  Currently mod_perl does the 'bootstrap
> Apache'.

Fewer files means faster startup!

> o Some methods such as $r->set_content_type could stand to loose the set_ pre
>   provided then return a value.
>   $ct = $r->content_type; #get it
>   $r->content_type("text/html"); #set it
>   opinions?

This is pretty standard for perl modules.  Just do it.

> o Add other methods would be handy to have.

I am sure they will pop up as we go along...

View raw message