httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: mod_status again
Date Thu, 02 May 1996 03:54:53 GMT
Brian Behlendorf liltingly intones:

> On Wed, 1 May 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
> > Wish list item:
> >
> >   a report of the time spent sending the response to the last request.
> > It'd be nice to know that a 10k gif takes a user from Australia 40s
> > to download etc.
>
> In my revised status output proposal, the timing info was changed from
> "date/time GMT of initiation of most recent request" to "seconds since
> initiation of most recent request".  I think this is more interesting at
> a glance, even though it's the same info.
>
> What you might also want, however, is another variable for
> configurable logging, like %E for elapsed time or something.  I'd like at
> least 1/10th precision on that. :)

I'm going to upload a revised mod_status.c later tonight. So far, that's
all I've dinked with, not the status gathering code elsewhere in Apache.
It's a rough cut for review, and it basically just reformats the existing
status data in table form. Two things I've noticed so far:

r->args doesn't seem to contain the full data set, just the first item.
I tried the original parse code and my own, neither seems to work.
I'd think it should be possible to say

http://bilge.topsail.org/.status?notable&refresh=10

or something similar.

I'll need to put in my own difftime() function; the compiled server grew
by about 33k when I added that. I'm also not sure all OSs support it.

Formatting needs a little work, and then I can fold in the nice things
Rob and Brian want, along with the stuff that Robert Thau, David, Mark and
I discussed awhile back. There's also some code cleanup done.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?
		-- Ursula K. LeGuin