httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brown <mbr...@OpenMarket.com>
Subject Re: ScriptAlias-like extensions for perl etc
Date Wed, 01 May 1996 20:14:09 GMT

  And it goes on to say:
    Open Market shall retain all right, title and interest in and to the
    Software and Documentation, including without limitation all patent,
    copyright, trade secret and other proprietary rights.

  MY QUESTION TO OpenMarket IS THIS:
    What are you trying to protect?

Good question, I'll ask the lawyer who wrote it.

The intent is definitely to let anyone take the code,
adapt it to meet their needs, incorporate it into products, etc.
(Just as with Tcl, where most of the language came from.)
My reading of the agreement it that it allows all this.

    --mark