httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: my whack at better status output
Date Wed, 01 May 1996 18:33:05 GMT
Mark J Cox liltingly intones:

> On Sun, 28 Apr 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> > 1) moved all the summary info to the top, slightly compressed the layout
> > - this area could use some more attention.
>
> This will make the status module more complex as it will have to make
> two passes at the scoreboard (and things may change in the meantime) or
> have to remember everything (blurgh).

It already does (one for RWS_ scoreboard and one for detailed stats. I'm
putting the cumulative stats data collection into the loop which gets the
RWS_ scoreboard and writing the scoreboard into a buffer, so I can reorder
it anywhere. No additional passes through the scoreboard will be needed.

> > 2) used short TH's in the table for compression - legend at the bottom
>
> It works fine in any table-supporting-browser.  I'm happy that tables
> are a default as long as there is a "?notables" version that works fine on
> the other browsers.

This will be a new option.

BTW, am I confused, or should I be able to parse multiple args out of
request_rec->args in a module? I'm expecting something like a form data set.
Is this misguided of me?

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Screw up your courage!  You've screwed up everything else.