httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Peters <...@Jester.CC.MsState.Edu>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Authorisation fails" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Tue, 23 Apr 1996 18:48:45 GMT
On Tue, 23 Apr 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> I've been exchaning mail on this one.. some more sad info...
>
>   [Tue Apr 23 16:47:18 1996] httpd: caught SIGSEGV, dumping core
>
>   I have a big core - I guess I have to go and run dbx on this - which
>   I've just realised we don't have (I'm new here!)
>
> his .htaccess file looks okay to my untrained eye.

I've duplicated this problem and it seems to be in mod_digest.c, line 124.
Solaris string functions don't like to be given null pointers.

I commented out the digest module from my configuration and recompiled and
the problem went away.  This may be a good quick fix if he doesn't need
it.

Frank Peters - UNIX Systems Group Leader - Mississippi State University
        fwp@CC.MsState.Edu - 601-325-7030 - FAX: 601-325-8921
                <URL:http://www2.msstate.edu/~fwp/>