httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Skolnick <cl...@organic.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "please distribute NEXTSTEP version of Apache on web site!" on Solaris 2.xNEXTSTEP (fwd)
Date Mon, 29 Apr 1996 01:43:48 GMT

anyone want to take this guy up?

--
Cliff Skolnick                                      cliff@organic.com

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 12:27:54 -0500
From: Eric A. Dubiel <eadubie@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
To: Cliff Skolnick <cliff@organic.com>
Subject: Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "please distribute NEXTSTEP version of Apache on web site!"
on Solaris 2.xNEXTSTEP

>If you would like to contribute a port/binary we would be happy to do this.
>Right now no one in the developement group has access to this config, so
>it is up to someone (such as yourself).
>

>On Sat, 27 Apr 1996 eadubie@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu wrote:
>
>> Submitter: eadubie@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu
>> Operating system: Solaris 2.xNEXTSTEP, version: 3.3
>> Version of Apache Used: 1.0
>> Extra Modules used: please distribute NEXTSTEP version of Apache on web
>>site!
>> URL exhibiting problem: please distribute NEXTSTEP version of Apache on
>>web site!
>>
>> Symptoms:
>> --
>> Sorry, I didn't see a "comments" page or email address...
>>
>> please distribute NEXTSTEP version of Apache on web site!

Well, I'm currently using a port done by NeXT of 1.0.0, and I don't have
the skills yet to do porting of newer versions...student in training...but
I could give you, or someone else access to my NEXTSTEP box on Intel via
telnet, if someone was willing to give it a shot...

I think NEXTSTEP/OPENSTEP is the ideal Unix environment-in terms of ease of
use- for web site admin...

Is there plans for Apache to get integrated with objects, ie GNU's GNUSTEP?
Please see http://www.gnustep.org
it's based on NeXT's OPENSTEP (OS independent version of NEXTSTEP) a free,
open object oriented OOUI environment???  That would be AWESOME if you guys
did, because it would be the most future thinking and advanced server out
there!!

Please check into this and reply...I would greatly appreciate if you would
forward this email to the whole Apache team!

Thanks!

Eric  A. Dubiel; http://www.ilstu.edu/~eadubie
mailto:eadubie@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu	ASCII, MIME or NeXT Mail
Instructional Technology Services- Illinois State University

Understanding is best learned via experience
ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED REPRESENT  MYSELF ONLY