httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Skolnick <cl...@organic.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "in QUERY_STRING empty arguments skipped" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Sat, 06 Apr 1996 23:26:53 GMT

Date: Sat Apr 6 15:20:25 1996
From: hegedus@iworld.com
To: cliff@organic.com
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "in QUERY_STRING empty arguments skipped" on Solaris 2.x

/cgi-bin/prog?foo++bar+last
will pass the following:
argv[1]=foo
argv[2]=bar
argv[3]=last
argv[4]=

ie. skips the second empty argument

The problem is in util.c:getword().
I needed a quick fix because the PLWeb search engine
regularly pass empty arguments. Not knowing the
inner workings of the server I duplicated the getword()
function as getword_cgi() with the following
modification:

while ((*line)[pos] == stop) ++pos;
replaced by
pos++;

and changed the call to getword() to getword_cgi()
in util_script.c:create_argv()

Let me know if I did something terribly wrong, but
it works for me :-)

Thanks for this great server!

Peter Hegedus
sysadmin,webadmin