httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: web history
Date Wed, 24 Apr 1996 04:15:06 GMT
On Tue, 23 Apr 1996, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Have you ever felt a paradigm shift so sudden that it knocked you
http://www.paradigmshift.com/
> off the couch?  I don't know why this stuff seems so odd -- it was
> the plan, after all, to put the Web in the hands of those who had
> content to publish, and not just those of us with computer backgrounds.
> I guess I just didn't expect it so fast.
>
> Hey Brian, were you anticipating this back when we had dinner in Geneva?
> The Web has gone from nonexistant, to a rising star, and now to pop culture
> in less time than I've spent in graduate school.

Mmm... I'd definitely say there was a sense of something impending,
something big was happening, and that little actions taken then would
have big repercussions later.  Something I certainly feel a lot less of
these days.

> p.s. It looks like I'll be in Paris after all -- Inria is bringing me
>      to organize the HTTP session on developer's day.  When are we planning
>      the Apache party?  I'll be there May 4-12.

I'm still working out airfare (!) but it looks like I will be out there
from the 5th (day of arrival) to the 12th (day of departure) as well.
Sounds like Saturday (the 11th) is as good a day as any... group trip to
the D'Orsay?

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/