httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <m...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: Apache1.1b1
Date Tue, 23 Apr 1996 10:12:10 GMT
> Ok, that's fine. So we're still in "new development" feature freeze and the
> head is actually our next beta release?

I assumed that we were going to carry on adding new features to become
1.1b2 at the head, and that faults with 1.1b1 would also be fixed in 1.1b2
at the head.

Thinking about it, this causes some problems if someone adds a huge
feature today and we want to release a 1.1b2 that has 1.1b1 fixes and not
the new feature.  Maybe 1.1b1 should be branched.  How do other projects
that use configuration management (FreeBSD etc) handle similar problems?

Mark