httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <m...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: Apache1.1b1
Date Tue, 23 Apr 1996 07:40:27 GMT
On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, Paul Richards wrote:
> > I've tagged CVS ("APACHE_1_1b1").  End of feature freeze.
> What exactly did you do, save me checking. What is the plan now?

Just "cvs tag APACHE_1_1b1" to place a marker at the current release.  A
few months ago it was decided on the list that we didn't need to branch
after every beta release; There is no need to release a patch to 1.1b1
that isn't in 1.1b2.  By just tagging it we can still checkout a 1.1b1 in
the future for bug finding and so on.  When 1.1 is finally released it will
get a branch for 1.1.1 etc. whilst development continues in the head for
1.2 (or 2.0 or whatever).

> I'm also a bit concerned about the version number bump.

The version number was changed just before the tag.  So the tagged version
will retrieve exactly what was in the 1.1b1 release.  I guess it should be
changed back now to "1.1b1-dev".

Mark