httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Adobe: Byte range serving
Date Mon, 29 Apr 1996 01:15:49 GMT
On Sun, 28 Apr 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:

> I'll take a look at their patches, if they want ... am mailing the man...

While certainly I wouldn't mind their help or code in getting
byte-range support into Apache (saves us the trouble of doing it
ourselves), I will (probably) veto introduction of such code into the
Apache distribution until the Range stuff is worked out wrt HTTP/1.1,
especially the cache validation stuff. I haven't had time to go over
all 164 pages (ack!) of the most recent draft, but it appears that
it's not all finalized yet, so I suggest we wait. I'd hate to have the
most popular web server in the world have a non-conforming
implementation of something like this. (although the maker's the of
the world's most popular web *browser* don't seem to have a problem
doing it...)

Yes?

Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <http://www.dal.net/>